Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bing

So apparently there is a website that my students are using more than Yahoo searches or Google. It is called Bing. I had no idea what it was, or that it existed until my students showed me. It is a search engine similar to Yahoo and Google, but it's supposed to be better. We shall be the judge of that ultimately.
http://www.bing.com/

I think this new development is similar to that of critical literacy Selber has defined. The internet is being used for developing more and more search engines that are used by students. I saw some of my students looking up games to play as well as research for their projects. I think it is classified as critical literacy because they are using Bing as something that it might not have been initially designed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment